A few weeks back Oceanhorn (de, us; Affiliate Links) appeared on the App Store and instantly caught my attention. It’s similarities and my love for Zelda made me curious.
Unfortunately, a few hours in I got stuck in a place called the Forest Shrine. I accidentally pushed a stone box a little bit to far so it got stuck at a wall and I wasn’t able to move it back onto the area on the ground where it belonged.
Stuck in the Forest Shrine
Luckily the guys over at Cornfox are rather nice and were able to help immediately. Deleting the last safe file did the trick.
Just connect your device to your computer, launch iTunes, go to the Apps on that iPhone or iPad and find Oceanhorn under File Sharing. The app offers it’s safe games as shared files to your computer. In my case it was file `s1-9-1-shrine1-state.dat`. `s1` indicates the safe game we’re talking about. So if yours is the first one it’s the same for you.
You might want to backup these files before trying to delete one on your device.
Cornfox announced to fix this bug in the next update. Until then I hope this helps if you run into it, too.
When iOS 7 was announced this summer we planned to support it from day one with Studifutter and Deadlines. As you might have noticed, this did not work out as planned.
A few months later, today Studifutter gets it’s update. We got rid of all the custom textures and try to be more simple and straight forward.
We hope you like it. Get it on the App Store.
I’ve been using a simple script that would increase my app’s build numbers on every build in Xcode for a while now. This worked fine but had a major downside: It did not support working on a team.
So I had the idea to write a script that would talk to a server, store and increase the build number there, pull it back and write it to my project file locally. Tonight a had some time to do this.
What came out of this process is a PHP script that basically takes a unique string and returns a new build number. It uses a plain text file in JSON format on my server to store these value pairs. For the easier integration into Xcode I also adapted my old build script to get the number from the server instead of the original plist file.
If you’re interested you can find these scripts on GitHub.